The novel Coronavirus or Covid-19 pandemic has spread across 190 countries. As many as 3,70,000 people are tested positive and the death toll has crossed the 16,000 mark already. The outbreak has affected the global economy and stock market. In India, the number of Coronavirus cases rose to 519 and already 10 people have lost their lives to covid-19, as per the reports of Health Ministry Data.
Today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation for the second time in the wake of Coronavirus. PM Modi mentioned a few vital elements in his address to tackle the pandemic.
Here's the list of key highlights from PM Modi's speech:
- India will go under complete lockdown for 21 days from midnight tonight.
- Social distancing is the only option left to fight the disease.
- PM Modi has allotted financial emergency of 15,000 crores for the healthcare department.
- Indian Prime Minister has urged citizens to forget how going out feels like or the entire nation falls backwards 21 years.
- Every citizen should follow the directions of government and local administrations during the crisis.
- Don't fall prey to fake news or rumours.
- Don't take any medicine without doctor's prescription, urges PM Modi.
- I appeal to you that while staying at home, remember and pray for people who are putting their lives at risk in these difficult times.
- You must not forget that at times people infected with coronavirus appear to be healthy.
- Today, India is at the stage where our actions will decide to what extent we can bring down the impact of this disaster. This is the time to strengthen our resolve again and again.
PLEASE BE AT HOME FOR NEXT 21 DAYS, IF YOU WANT A BETTER FUTURE FOR YOURSELF, YOUR FAMILY AND FOR YOUR COUNTRY. LET'S FIGHT THE CONTAGIOUS TOGETHER.