The Indian government on Wednesday unveiled a new educational policy after 34 years. 10th board exams have been eliminated, common college entrance test and the new structure setting out 3-6 years age as preschool. No more forcing the toddlers to go to school at the tender age of 2.5 years. Exams will be judged on core competencies and de-emphasis the high stake of board exams.
Here are things you need to know about the New Indian Education policy which is going to help the youth be at par with the world in educational terms. The new reforms will be implemented from 2021 academic session.
New Education Policy 2020 is announced:
1. 10+2 board structure is dropped.
2. New school structure will be 5+3+3+4.
3. Upto 5 pre school, 6 to 8 Mid School, 8 to 11 High School, 12 onwards Graduation.
4. Any Degree will be 4 years.
5. From 6th standard onwards vocational courses will be available.
6. From 8th to 11 students can choose subjects.
7. All graduation course will have major and minor options. For instance, a science student can choose Biology as major and drama as a minor. Without any barrier
8. All higher education will be governed by only one authority.
9. UGC AICTE will be merged.
10. All University government, private, Open, Deemed, Vocational etc will have the same grading system and other norms.
11. New Teacher Training board will be set up for all kinds of teachers in the country, no state can change
12. The same level of Accreditation to any collage, based on its rating college will get autonomous rights and funds.
13. The new Basic learning program will be created by the government for parents to teach children up to 3 years at home and for preschool 3 to 6
14. Multiple entries and exit from any course.
15. Credit system for graduation for each year student will get some credits which he can utilize if he takes a break during the course and come back again to complete course
16. All schools exams will be semester wise twice a year
17. The syllabus will be reduced to core knowledge of any subject only.
18. More focus on student practical and application knowledge.
19. For any graduation course if student complete only one year he will get a basic certificate, if he completes two years then he will get Diploma certificate and if he completes full course then he will get degree certificate. So no year of any student will be wasted if he breaks the course in between.
20. All the graduation course feed of all Universities will be governed by a single authority with capping on each course.