Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 14th April announced an extension of the nationwide lockdown to combat the spread of Coronavirus. The second phase of lockdown 2.0 will end on 3rd May.
The Central Government has issued a list of economic activities that'll be applied after 20th April 2020 in certain areas, keeping in view the interests of farmers and daily wage earners.
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said that those dealing with an emergency will be allowed to step out of their homes.
WHAT ARE OTHER IMPORTANT GUIDELINES ISSUED BY GOVT:
- The Ministry of Home Affairs has made spitting in public a punishable offence and enforced a strict ban on the sale of liquor, gutka, tobacco etc.
- Interstate, inter-district movement of people, metro, bus services are prohibited till May 3.
- The government has allowed function of industrial units in rural areas from April 20 but social distancing norms should be strictly maintained.
- Educational institutions, coaching centers, domestic, international air travel, train services will be shut till 3rd May.
- Public places like cinema halls, malls, shopping complexes, gymnasiums, sports complexes, swimming pools, bars will also be shut till May 3.
- Highway dhabas, truck repairing shops, call centres for govt activities will open from April 20.
- All social, political, sports, religious functions, religious places, shall be closed for public till the lockdown ends.
- Activities permitted include agricultural, horticultural activities, farmers and workers in the field, procurement of Agri products, sabji mandis from April 20.